Join Our Team: Become a Volunteer
Through Supporting Cast, PAL Ottawa recruits volunteers who, working together with training and backup, provide direct assistance to our friends and colleagues in the Capital region’s professional arts community. These volunteers provide an array of services, such as shopping or errand assistance, transportation to appointments and arts events, and friendly check-up calls.
Our volunteer facilitators also help friends and colleagues connect with appropriate community-based health and social services in the region. Or they can liaise with caregivers, or members of a local support group to assist them in supporting colleagues or family members.
Supporting Cast helps connect clients to important community resources and resource networks, some of which are listed below. Working together, we hope to provide access to a broad range of health care providers and home support.
- Community Care Access Centre-Champlain (CCAC)
- Resources of the Ottawa Community Support Coalition (OCSC)
- Coalition of Community Health and Resource Centres of Ottawa (CHRC)
- Victorian Order of Nurses (VON),
- Other community services, such as Meals on Wheels, Para Transpo, and Legal Aid
- Other service providers in the areas of mental health, physiotherapy, and occupational therapy
Please consider becoming a Supporting Cast volunteer. Sign up for one of the positions below:
- Resource Referral Facilitator
- Volunteer Driver
- Friendly Visitor
- Friendly Caller (visits by telephone)
- Handy Helper
- Client Connect Caller
- Grocery Shopper
- Arts Companion