About PAL Ottawa
We reward the artists who delight us with our applause, and often assume that success in the arts brings financial security. But very few members of the performing arts community arrive at the end of their career with an adequate pension and other resources. That’s why we created PAL Ottawa: to provide affordable housing and a support system to artists in need.
News & Upcoming Events
Check out these fantastic items that will be up for auction at our upcoming soirée, PAL³, on Thursday September 29th at 7:00pm:
- a pre-opening tour of the all-new Ottawa Art Gallery with Director Alexandra Badzak
- a backstage tour of GCTC with Artistic Director Eric Coates
- a backstage tour of the all-new La Nouvelle Scène with Directrice générale et artistique, Anne-Marie White
Join us for our upcoming fundraiser PAL³: a delightful evening of performance and refreshments with members and supporters of the Capital region’s arts sector at one of the city’s leading galleries.
- WHEN: Thursday September 29th, 7:00pm
- WHERE: Cube Gallery, 1285 Wellington West, Ottawa 613.728.1111
- TICKETS: can be purchased HERE $75 for non-members; $55 for members (includes $30 charitable donation receipt)
On Tuesday October 4th, local storyteller Jan Andrews launches her new CD, Written in the Body. Tickets are on sale now, and Andrews is graciously donating proceeds from the event to PAL Ottawa. We hope you’ll join us in celebrating her new work.
For tickets or more information, please visit 2 Women Productions, or call 613-256-0353.
About Written in the Body: read more…
Local art lovers who know Jerry Grey principally through her public art and her vibrant portraits may be surprised and intrigued by Jerry Grey on the Grid: 1968-1978 (Ottawa Art Gallery, June 24 – September 25, 2016.) The exhibit showcases a 10-year period in which...read more
Our umbrella organization PAL Canada is the proud recipient of the Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television’s 2016 Humanitarian Award.read more
We held our second ever Kitchen Party on March 6th and it was a splendid success. Led by Jim McNabb, our Events team transformed the hall of Glebe St. James United into a cozy cabaret. Old and new friends across the arts community met up, and everyone revelled in the...read more